Inna Organic developed clean skin care products with the moms-to-be’s health concerns in mind. Generally speaking, during the first three months of pregnancy, moms-to-be have a higher probability of encountering unstable skin reactions due to hormonal and other physical changes to the body. With the recommendation of medical experts, Inna Organic has laid out two pregnancy skincare regimens for women at different stages of pregnancy.
The Pregnancy Safe Skincare Guide
1. Skin Purifying Cleansing Gel: Formulated with simple ingredients and natural surfactant approved by COSMOS standards, this cleansing gel is mild and gentle to wash out daily dirt, impurities and remove light makeup (but not water-proof makeup or heavy foundation). Note that a small amount of rosemary essential oil is including, people with G6PD deficiency should use with caution.
2. Frankincense Boosting Revitalizing Toner: With organic hydrosols and betaine (water-balancing factor extracted from beetroots), this toner acts as a conduit for nutrients to better penetrate and be absorbed by the skin. Hydrosols are a byproduct from the extraction of essential oils, containing mineral and tiny amount of essential oils.
3. Green Tea Rose Soothing Hydrosol Mask: This facial mask is powered by organic hydrosols and Finnish Oatmeal Extracts, providing lasting moisturization and soothing skin irritations that might happen in any stages of your pregnancy.
4. Pure Moisturizing Body Lotion: Free of parabens, silicone, mineral oils, synthetic fragrance, ad essential oils, this body lotion is a safe moisturizer for the whole family. With its hydrating and clean properties, it can absolutely be applied on faces for basic moisturization.
After the unstable first 3 months of pregnancy, most moms-to-bes and their babies have started to develop a better stability, making it a better stage to include additional ingredients in the skincare routine.
1. Cleanser: Skin Purifying Cleansing Gel
2. Toner: Frankincense Boosting Revitalizing Toner
3. Moisturizer: Frankincense Revitalizing Face Lotion
This face lotion is perfect for both sensitive skin and pregnant women. If your skin is prone to be dry and flaky, or you plan make a trip to drier climates, we would recommend mixing it with Frankincense Revitalizing Face Oil or using Frankincense Revitalizing Face & Eye Cream for better moisturization.
4. Mask: Choose your own mask based on your skin concerns.
Neroli Brightening Facial Mask: Gentle exfoliate, smooth texture and brighten the skin tone. Get your beautiful glow every day, even during pregnancy.
Myrrh Deep Moisturizing Facial Mask: Inna Organic’s bestseller. This mask deeply nourishes your skin with intensive hydration factors.
Lemon-Scented Tea Tree Mattifying Facial Mask: Perfect for oil control, it targets acnes and blemishes, and balances you skin for a refreshing and clean look.
Rose Geranium Skin Soothing Facial Mask: Stabilize skin condition and calm irritations to regain your perfect condition. It is also recommended for after-sun repair.
Frankincense Revitalizing Facial Mask: Made for women with dry or mature skin, for age-defying. Popular for its pleasant, woody aroma.
Green Tea Rose Soothing Hydrosol Mask: The hydrating mask without essential oils, which will be great for moms-to-be with sensitive and dry skin.
5. Body Care: Pure Moisturizing Body Lotion
Pregnant women often suffer from leg edema. This body lotion can be used as massage lotion to relieve the discomforts and swelling on the calves.
FAQs for Pregnancy Skincare
Question 1. Frankincense and myrrh are known to promote blood circulation and cure pain, are they safe for pregnant women to use in skincare products?
Answer: The frankincense and myrrh that can promote blood circulation and cure pain are the water-soluble and raw materials of Chinese medicine; on the other hand, frankincense and myrrh essential oils are oil-soluble. These two materials are different in extraction methods (raw vs. extracted), dissolution properties (water-soluble vs. oil-soluble), and usage methods (direct in-take vs. external application). Although the use in skincare products are generally safe even for sensitive skin, after consulting with Chinese medicine doctors and professional aroma therapists, it is advised to avoid using skin care products that contain any essential oils in the first three months of pregnancy to be on the safe side.
Please note that every individual is unique, especially if you have sensitive skin prone to allergies, we highly recommend conducting a patch test before applying any skin care products on your entire face or body. Please dab a small amount of serum behind your ears or corner of your cheek to check for allergic inflammations.
Question 2. Pregnant women CANNOT use essential oils?
Answer: Some people think that essential oils can easily cause allergies, but in the documents regarding aromatherapy, Roman chamomile and German chamomile are actually used for skin sensitivities and discomforts. In Europe, it is also common to see series of products with essential oils, massage oil, body wash, and skincare etc.
This common misunderstanding often stems from the lack of knowledge - the different types of essential oils, the amount and method of usage, the quality of the ingredients are all major reasons that can impact the effectiveness and safety of usage, especially during pregnancy. According to the book “Ma BIBLE DES HUILES ESSENTIELLES” by Danièle Festy, essential oils such as rose geranium, myrrh, and chamomile can be used after 3 months of pregnancy. In general, doctors do caution the use of large quantities of essential oils on a wide range of skin, for example, applying 100% pure essential oils on the entire body without diluting.
In conclusion, pregnancy doesn’t mean one needs to avoid essential oils at all costs. However, the first three months of instability may call for gentler care, whilst later stages moms-to-be should definitely embrace the nourishment of clean and natural skincare. Inna Organic was created by a mother with such parental needs in mind, hence we offer a full range of skincare goodies perfect for the amazing moms-to-bes to pamper themselves throughout their entire pregnancy.